Thursday, January 5, 2012

Resolve to Make Every Day a Good Hair Day!


It’s that time of year again, when everybody wants to make big changes! So what are your hair resolutions?

A good or a bad hair day can drastically alter your mood. So wouldn’t a good New Year’s resolution be to make every day a good hair day? Start by consulting with your stylist about a new hair-do that works for you. If you’re looking for something subtle, then maybe spice it up with a cute side bang or fringe and a few highlights. Or if you’re looking for a more dramatic change, a new color or drastic new cut might be for you. The most important thing is
that you find something that fits your personality and your lifestyle.

Once you have achieved that, the next step is managing your styling routine. Switching up from daily straightening to a few soft curls can make a world of difference. Instead of wearing your hair in a pony tail, grab a few bobby pins and try a low-key up-do. Take out any fashion magazine, find a style you like and practice, practice, practice! All it takes is a little experimenting, maybe a few tips from your stylist, and you’ve got a whole new look.

So now that you have your new look, and you know how to style it, what’s the next step?

Maintenance! People often forget this step, perhaps because they are too busy or have trouble making appointments. It takes only once every 6-8 weeks to maintain your haircut or color. During your salon visit, it never hurts to book your next appointment and put it in your calendar to help keep you on track. If you love the way you look and feel, there is no reason you should not work to preserve it!

Everybody makes a New Year’s resolution. Make yours your hair!

-Elizabeth Kinney, Georges Hair Designs

1 comment:

  1. Let me tell you about a bad hair day!!!! I went into your salon on 5/13/14 for a perm and a trim after the perm. Linda was the so-called stylist. My hair was almost to my waist when I walked in and when I left your salon, the top and majority of the upper part was about 6-8 inches long and the rest of the hair was so thin it was see through. She called it layering and texturizing. My hair had not been permed in a year so it was in good condition prior to the disaster Linda gave me. The perm didn't take for some reason but totally ruined my hair. I have never had such a horrible "trim" in my life. She should be fired. When I talked with her about it, she didn't think she did anything wrong. I was ashamed to be seen in public with such an awful chop job that I went to Shear Majic in hopes that it could be repaired. Thank God they were able to disguise the horrible cut enough that I don't feel so bad about being out in public now. Unfortunately, all of my hair is now gone and it will take a very long time to grow back.

    ReplyDelete